The Language of the Body and the Earth
Welcome to join this Unique Yoga Experience in the Magical Island of Menorca. During one week we dive into a Somatic Experience Based Practice with the intension to explore how to truly Inhabit the Body and improve the Bodys Intelligence in Movement. To help us explore this we use the Virya Yoga Method and the different spectras of Somatic Meditation. At the same time, we explore Menorcas beauty and History through different Excursions around the Island, as well as the charm of Ciutadella de Menorca.
THE LANGUAGE OF THE BODY
- How Somatic Meditation can be used to fully Inhabit the Body and to Explore the Idea of the Spirits Physical Expression in the Body.
- How Mindfull Explorative Movement can be used to improve our Intelligence in Movement and develop our full Movement Potential.
- How to Improve Joint Mobility and Movement Control from a Sport Science-Based Approach. Main focus: Vrist and Ankle mobility, Scoulder Girdle coordination, Hip Control and Spine segmentation.
- How to move with Integrity and coordinating the body as a unit.
THE LANGUAGE OF THE EARTH
- The practice of using the Earth as an object for Meditation. How to move into the Earth and experience "the Groundless Ground".
- How to Experience and Use the forces of Gravity and Ground Reaction force in stillness and in movement.
- The philosophical aspects of The Four Stage Continuum of Groundedness: No Ground, Foreground, Background, Homegrown.
During the week we live in a Beautiful Agroturism Hotel in the Central South Part of the Island. The Farm with its majestic house and surrounding romantic garden has a panoramic view over the south-west part of the Island. The Hotel with its common areas include a pool, Chapelle, and a restaurant. The studio where we will be practicing is separated from the main building. While practicing, we can both enjoy the morning sun as well as the view of the sunset behind the rural landscape. The animals living at the farm will be there daily welcoming us to the practice.
Because of the great Location of the House, there are many possibilities regarding where to go and what to discover on the Island. Just 10-15 min away, we have Cala Galdana and the long beaches of Sant Thomas. Ciutadella de Menorca is 20 min away.
THE RETREAT INCLUDES
- 12 classes (6 Classes, 6 Workshops = 27 h).
- Daily Meditation Practice.
- First class Sunday 23rd of September at 5.30 pm.
- Last class at Saturday 29th of September at 5.30 pm.
- Beach Excursions
- Trips to Ciutadella de Menorca
- Guided Meditation at the International Buddhist Retreat Centre
- Visiting the Talaoitics (Prehistoric ruins of Menorca).
- Sunset excursion to Punta Nati.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES (extra cost)
- Holistic Therapheutic Treatments from our therapist Xevi (50€).
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRANSFER
This is booked separately though my local contact at the Island. The prices include 3 daily balanced vegetarian meals. Every room has its own bathroom.
- 105 € / night ( 7 nights 735€)
SHARED ROOM (2 pax)
- 80 € / night / person ( 7 nights 560€)
booking of the accommodation package
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +34 689 124 707.
Legend tells that the winds of Menorca modify the personality of people. Maybe that is the reason why those who came here once as tourists mostly return.
Menorca certainly has a very strong personality, and a very different one to the rest of the islands. Menorca, the "minor" island, as it was called by Romans, has an almost virginal interior (compared for instance to the "major" island, Mallorca) and shows interesting remains of its old history.
On the other hand, there are beaches and lonely bays around it at a length of 216 kilometers. An ideal resort for all those who are looking for true relaxation.